Key Athletic Achievements
- 1st place female. Dogtooth Dash Canadian National Championships, March 2014
- 2nd place female, Gortex Continental Championships Dogtooth Dash, March 2013
- 13 Pass Traverse, Alberta, April 2013
- 1st place female, Rails to Trails 25 km foot race, November 2013
- 2nd place female,Last Chance Half Marathon foot race, November 2013
- Ski Mountaineering Competition Canada: Training Camp Coordinator
- Strathcona Tweedsmuir School: Secondary Leader Outdoor Education
- Alpine Club of Canada: Primary Trip Leader
- Alpine Club of Canada: Executive Committee- Grants Coordinator
- Primary Care Network: Walking Leader
2015 Season Goals
- Attend World Cup in Europe in 2015
- Continue to compete and podium in Canadian Sports
- Continue to grow the sport in Canada
- Host a female training camp in the Bow Valley
- Invest in the development of a skimo club in Bow Valley for 2016-17 season
I adore the outdoors and share a common belief that exploring Mother Nature via human power is one of the most rewarding approaches to experiencing the world around us. I am an advocate for practicing, preserving, and promoting mountain pursuits. I believe in community, sharing the common passion for the mountains, connecting with others, and pushing my personal limits. I recognize the need for personal fulfillement from Mother nature and the opportunity to foster a life-long love of mountain culture in others.
Since commencing backcountry skiing and ski mountaineering competitions I have fallen peril, like many others, to the lust for snowflakes falling from the sky. Outdoor adventure, particularly skiing, flows from my very being. My passion is attractive and captivates those around me. Others come to me for advice, knowledge, trip planning, gear opinions, leadership, and partnership.
I recognize as a competitive Skimo athlete that passion and leadership are only two of the many necessary qualities to reach my full potential. Driven and dedicated, I allot a majority of my time to training and preparing. 5AM daily, before work I am training both indoors and out, continually improving my ability to perform at a high level. I prepare to prepare; researching articles and books, I continually look for ways to enhance my abilities and my regime.
Goal orientated, I am smart about my training. I take the time to create periodized plans and put purpose into my workouts. I articulate my goals and establish the means to obtain said goals. I strive towards constant challenge, self- discovery and growth.
In order to compete against other high-end athletes, athletic ability, passion, commitment, and determination are not enough. I am competing against individuals who not only often work on their skis, but also race on the most lightweight and high tech gear. Thus racing on substandard gear is one more hurdle to overcome in beating my competitors. Lack of funding for Ski Mountaineering in Canada makes this difficult to achieve.
If you are looking for a great partnership, please contact me. Through a partnership I will increase your brand name awareness within the Canadian Skimo circle by advocating your product or company.
Michelle Katchur Roberts